To Our Wonderful Patients
In light of Covid-19 developments, we want you to know that your care and safety and the safety of our team is our top priority.
We are here for you and we are and will continue to be contactable. Our opening hours are the same and Dr Tuffley’s mobile phone is switched on at all times.
If you have an upcoming consultation appointment with us in either our Brisbane City, Mater Suites Cleveland, North West Private Hospital Professional Suites Everton Park or at the Brisbane Orthodontics Rooms Indooroopilly https://denticine.com/locations/consulting/ and you are well, we have a few specific protocols in place to ensure your safety and the safety of our team. They are:
You will receive both an SMS and Email the day before your appointment asking if you are well and giving you a few instructions to follow when you arrive for your appointment.
Masks are mandatory and hand sanitiser is to be used by everyone on entering the rooms.
We will keep your appointment as concise and efficient as possible without compromising on your care. To ensure we are able to do this we will need your help to be fully prepared before you arrive:
- Return your completed Medical History Form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call your Health Fund to clarify with them your type of cover (Hospital or Extras or Combined) and your level of cover (Top, Intermediate or Basic). We have a variety of facilities for your particular level of cover and will ensure you are directed to the best suited for your circumstances.
- If it helps, bring in a list of questions – Dr Tuffley loves questions!
- Have an idea of your timeframe for treatment, i.e. when it is best for you to schedule the surgery, e.g. during next school/university holidays, annual leave etc.
- Have an idea of where you would like your surgery to take place. (See https://denticine.com/locations/surgery/
Please do not attend your appointment if you are unwell. Please call us to re-schedule or arrange for a phone consultation. (See Number 6)
Due to recent changes to the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) TELEHEALTH item numbers, Dr Tuffley is able to consult with you over the phone or via Skype if you have been confirmed with COVID-19 or have been asked to self-isolate or if you have a health condition that your doctor has indicated would put you at a higher risk of contracting COVID-19 e.g. heart or lung condition, immune-therapy treatment for cancer, Type 1 diabetes or an auto-immune condition, elderly or frail patients.
Each hospital’s Pre-Admission Staff, are contacting each patient on every theatre list to check in with their current health status prior to their surgery. Any patients who are unwell will be re-scheduled to a later date.
COVID-19 SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
IN ORDER TO KEEP YOU, OTHER PATIENTS AND THE HOSPITAL TEAM SAFE, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
YOUR SURGERY MAY BE CANCELLED AT THE LAST MINUTE, IF:
- You have tested positive to COVID-19 within the four (4) weeks prior to your surgery date. (The Australian Royal Colleges of Surgeons and Anaesthetists now recommend postponing surgery for a minimum of 4 weeks, once recovered from COVID-19.)
- You have been a “Close Contact” of a known COVID-19 positive person, you must be symptom free and return a negative RA or PCR test on day 6 of your isolation period.
- You are unwell or have any of these symptoms: Loss of Taste and/or Smell, Fatigue, Dry and/or Sore Throat, Cough, Fever, Breathlessness, Runny Nose, Diarrhoea
You can find further information on COVID-19 here: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/coronavirus or call the Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080
All of these facilities and their staff are carrying out the most stringent of infection control measures and protocols in accordance with the recommended Queensland Health guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding either your consultation or surgery appointments, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Please leave us a message if you can’t get through immediately. Your message will be forwarded to us as an email. One of our fabulous team members who are dedicated to helping you will call you back.
Please stay in touch with us and look after and be kind to each other.
With warm regards,
Dr Mark Tuffley
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon