Everything to Know About Dental Implants in Brisbane
Has your General Dentist recommended dental implants and you are looking for an experienced oral surgeon? When it comes to restoring your smile and regaining your confidence, Denticine offers a reliable, long-lasting solution.
Book Your Appointment Today
If you are curious about long-term dental implants, contact our offices to schedule a consultation once referred by your General Dentist. We are happy to help you book your appointment so we can assess your oral health and determine which implants are right for you.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a popular and effective solution for replacing missing teeth. Made from titanium, dental implants are inserted into the jawbone to create a strong support system for artificial teeth. This is achieved via osseointegration, a process in which the titanium fuses with the surrounding bone over time.
Unlike traditional dentures or bridges, dental implants look, feel, and function like natural teeth. They give you the freedom to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost in Brisbane?
The cost of dental implants in Brisbane can vary depending on several factors. These include how many teeth need replacing, the type and complexity of the procedure, and if additional treatments are necessary.
The average cost of a single Brisbane dental implant can cost between $3,500 and $4,500 per tooth. If factoring in a bone graft or sinus lift, a single implant can cost as much as $8,500.
Fortunately, we believe in transparent pricing. During your first consultation, we will provide you with a personalised treatment plan. We’ll also give you a breakdown of all the costs involved and a schedule of the appointments required.
Why Should I Get Dental Implants?
Dental implants offer many benefits when compared to traditional tooth replacement options. Some of the most notable include:
Improved Oral Health
- Dental implants help preserve the integrity of your jawbone
- By stimulating natural bone growth, they prevent bone loss and maintain oral health in the long run
- Dental implants are designed to blend in with your natural teeth, providing a natural-looking and attractive smile
- You can smile freely without worrying about gaps or missing teeth, leading to a positive impact on social and professional interactions
- Unlike removable dentures that can slip or cause speech difficulties, dental implants eliminate any chance for error
- Dental implants provide a stable and secure foundation for replacement teeth, allowing you to speak, eat, and laugh with confidence
- They also provide a strong bite, allowing you to chew properly and enjoy a wider variety of foods
Easy Oral Care
- Caring for dental implants is almost identical to caring for natural teeth
- Regular brushing, flossing, and routine dental check-ups make maintaining your dental implants straightforward and easy
No Impact on Adjacent Teeth
- Traditional dental bridges rely on neighbouring teeth for support, increasing the risk of damage or decay
- Dental implants don’t require any alteration or support from adjacent health teeth, helping to preserve their integrity
A Long-Term Solution
- Compared to other tooth replacement options that may require frequent repairs or replacements, dental implants are both durable and cost-effective
- With proper care and maintenance, dental implants have a high success rate and can last a lifetime
What Is the Process of Getting Dental Implants?
The process of getting dental implants can take several months. The exact length depends on factors such as your unique case or the individual healing process. Here’s a general timeline:
Step One: Referral
The first step towards obtaining dental implants begins with a visit to your General Dentist. During this appointment, your dentist will thoroughly examine your oral health and assess whether you are a suitable candidate for dental implants. If you meet the necessary criteria, your dentist will then provide a referral to an oral surgeon, a specialised professional who is skilled in dental implant placement.
Step Two: Initial Consultation and Planning
During the initial consultation with your oral surgeon, we will evaluate your oral health, discuss your goals, review all dental imaging (OPG or CBCT, etc) and create a personalised treatment plan.
Step Three: Implant Placement
Then, your damaged tooth is removed, and if a bone graft is required this would be provided at this time and the implant would be place in the jaw 12 weeks or 3 months after. If not, then the implant is placed in your jaw. The placement of an implant can be done under local anaesthesia or general anaesthesia and can take some time, depending on your case.
Step Four: Healing and Osseointegration
After the implant is placed, a healing period begins. This phase allows the implants to fuse with your jawbone via osseointegration. It can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months for the implants to fully integrate and stabilise.
Step Five: Abutment Placement and Restoration
Once osseointegration is complete, an abutment, or extension post, is attached to the implant. After a short healing period, impressions of your teeth are taken for final placement.
Step Six: Final Placement
Once your custom crown provided by either your general dentist or specialist prosthodontist is ready, it’s attached to the abutment, completing the dental implant process. Adjustments may be made in follow-ups to ensure a proper fit and aesthetic.
Discover a Brand New Smile With Dental Implants Today
Don’t let missing teeth hold you back any longer. Denticine offers the best dental implants in Brisbane. Contact us today and take the next step towards unlocking your brand new smile.